Carinya and the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding for people with permanent and significant disabilities across Australia, who meet the eligibility criteria. Individuals who are eligible will have an NDIS plan drawn up. Funding is allocated based on the individuals NDIS plan which includes support needs and goals that they would like to achieve. NDIS offers more choice and control over how, when and where supports are provided.
The NDIS is currently being rolled out across a series of locations. The roll out began in July 2016 with the aim of all of Australia to be operating under the NDIS by July 2019. As a registered Service Provider Carinya Society supports several individuals who live in the first area to roll out.
Carinya Staff and management have worked hard to ensure that the roll out is as smooth as possible for our participants and families involved.
Helpful NDIS resources
- Visit NDIS website https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding/ndis-rollout/victoria
- NDIS Answers to your questions https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/how-apply/information-support-your-request/providing-evidence-disability-children/pedi-cat-frequently-asked-questions
- NDIS Access Checklist https://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist
- Participant Information Pack https://www.ndis.gov.au/understanding/ndis-rollout/victoria
- Getting Ready for your planning conversation https://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist
If you have any questions about Carinya Society and the NDIS please direct your enquiries to Kacie Graham on (03) 9354 3337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How much do the NDIS services cost?
Carinya charges for NDIS services according to the Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP) prices in the NDIS price guide available on the NDIS website here.